This course is currently closed
(1.5 CEUs) In most buildings, walls make up the largest surface area of the building envelope. Because wall area is so large, insulators can optimize building energy-efficiency by installing wall insulation correctly. This course covers the following topics.
- Common wall insulation materials and their characteristics.
- How poor installation affects energy performance.
- How to select the right wall-insulation material.
- How to install wall insulation correctly.
- How to recognize building flaws that affect R-value.
This lesson discusses the wide variety of fibrous and foam insulation materials, used for wall insulation.