(1.5 CEUs) In most buildings, walls make up the largest surface area of the building envelope. Because wall area is so large, insulators can optimize building energy-efficiency by installing wall insulation correctly. This course covers the following topics.
- Common wall insulation materials and their characteristics.
- How poor installation affects energy performance.
- How to select the right wall-insulation material.
- How to install wall insulation correctly.
- How to recognize building flaws that affect R-value.
This mini-course discusses the wide variety of fibrous and foam insulation materials, used for wall insulation.