We ventilate buildings to provide clean and dry air to indoor environments. Without enough ventilation, buildings decay, and occupants suffer respiratory problems. This lesson covers the following topics.
- How to recognize when a building needs additional ventilation.
- What ventilation can and can’t do.
- The causes and effects of poor indoor air quality.
- How ventilation requirements relate to building airtightness.
- How to select an appropriate ventilation strategy.
- How to adjust ventilation systems to provide the correct amount of fresh air.