Selected Online Training Experience
- In 2015, Saturn is delivering 24 online SCORM courses, totaling 160 CEUs to Pacific Gas & Electric’s (PG&E’s) new LMS. We helped PG&E troubleshoot their unfinished LMS. In 2019, PG&E renewed their licensing of Saturn courses.
- Saturn installed three LMSs for WAP grantees who also licensed Saturn's weatherization curriculum. Saturn hosts and manages these LMSs as well as providing training to these customers on how to use their LMSs.
Saturn worked with the Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) in 2016 to convert their Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC) webinar into e-learning. This conversion required building 26 e-learning lessons, providing 30 videos, and inserting approximately 300 illustrations. We also installed an LMS for PHIUS and we still host and help to manage this LMS.
- Saturn installed an LMS for Conservation Services Group (CSG) to help train members of the Long Island Building Institute (LIBI) for BPI certification. The LMS was used from 2007 to 2009.
- Saturn has 13 years of experience developing online curriculum and evolving it through the changes in online-training technology. Example: Saturn has converted its Flash-based slide shows to SCORM to accommodate modern LMSs. Saturn now uses HTML5 instead of flash to display on computers, tablets, and phones.
- In 2013, Saturn created 9 SCORM online training modules to train utility reps and contractors on new weatherization standards for the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). Saturn also installed a customized LMS attached to the BPA website to register students and record student participation in the courses.
- Saturn provides online Home-Performance curricula to 15 community colleges, energy efficiency contractors and training centers through our Saturn Study Hall LMS.
- Saturn has installed and branded 15 LMSs for customers. We are experts at installing and operating the LMS, Moodle.
We at Saturn study the new science of e-Learning. We incorporate proven e-learning principles into our curriculum. Examples: Effective use of illustrations, photos, and video; teaching individuals with short attention spans. We are admirers of Ruth Colvin Clark and her books: Building Expertise and e-Learning and the Science of Instruction.