Tests and Exams
The learning management system or LMS stores student performance on lessons, quizzes, and tests. An LMS administrator can look at student records and evaluate the student and certify some level of learning.
Saturn’s Multiple-Choice Tests
Saturn has been writing tests on a variety of energy-efficiency topics for more than 25 years. We have 15 multiple-choice tests available for licensing and use online. The exams can provide the following functions.
- Preparation for certification exams (BPI, RESNET, DOE).
- Final exams for courses or groups of courses (e-learning or in-person training).
- HR-administered exams for hiring or employee evaluation.
Saturn's tests help evaluate student knowledge and understanding. The tests are also useful for practice tests in preparation for certification exams. We strive to make our tests challenging but fair.
- We write multiple-choice questions in a clear and conventional way.
- Each question has one correct answer with 3 clearly incorrect distractors.
- The answers to all questions are contained in our curricula.
- We consider feedback from test takers on how to improve the test.
- The LMS provides useful information about the effectiveness of the test (bell curve) as well as the effectiveness of its individual questions.
- The LMS administrator gives test-takers one or more attempts, and the administrator can reset any test for any individual.
- No two test-takers see the exact same multiple-choice test because both the test questions and their answers are scrambled.
Saturn's On-the-Job Tests
Saturn created job-test protocols for client and for our own on-the-job testing of trainees. They exist as fillable forms that facilitate grading, which the proctor can record in an LMS.
Multiple-Choice Test List
|Commonsense Technical Literacy|
|Basic Math Literacy|
|Building Science Knowledge|
|Residential Energy Auditing Knowledge|
|HERS Rating Knowledge|
|Building Envelope Knowledge|
|Commercial & Multifamily Energy Literacy|
|Combustion Safety & Efficiency Knowledge|
|Blower Door and Duct Testing Knowledge|
|Energy Math and Measurement|
|Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Knowledge|
|Hydronic and Steam Heating Knowledge|
|Electric Lighting Knowledge|
|Worker Health and Safety Literacy|
|Blower Door Testing|
|Duct Air Leakage Testing|
|Hydronic Systems Identification|
|Dense-Pack Wall Insulation|
|Wrapping Water Heaters|
|Zone Pressure Diagnostics|
|Pressure Pan Testing|
|Exhaust Fan Flow Testing|
|ASHRAE 62.2 Compliance|
|Boiler Equipment and Function Identification|
|Combustion Safety Testing: Naturally Drafting|
|Building Electrical System Identification|
|Forced-Air Static Pressure Testing|