Buildings use energy all year. Some of that energy use is seasonal. Heating energy in the winter, and cooling energy in the summer. Baseload energy is what we use consistently over the year. This lesson is about reducing baseload consumption, and its cost. This lesson will cover the following.
- Baseload’s relative impact on total energy use.
- How to derive baseload energy use from power bills.
- How to audit, recognize, and priortize baseload devices.
- Post improvement monitoring.
- Sizing PV systems to match reduced baseload costs.