(0.5CEU) Welcome to The Basics of Multifamily Weatherization. Incorporating low and mid-rise multifamily buildings into your production can offer opportunities to expand your program and serve many additional clients. In this module, you will explore the resources and procedures to build your program’s capacity and start weatherizing multifamily buildings.
If you’d like information on how to navigate this course, please select the Navigation Tutorial button. Otherwise select the next arrow to begin.
To get started, make sure your audio is turned on. This learning experience is primarily audio-driven. To move backward and forward in the module, select the next and back arrows. Want to see something again? Select the refresh button. Need to pause the module? Select the play/pause button. You can also navigate to a different section in this course by selecting the menu tab at the top of the screen.
So, let’s get started. Select the next arrow to continue.
By the time you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe why multifamily buildings offer a great opportunity for WAP (pronounced like ZAP) programs,
- List the stages of multifamily weatherization,
- Explain the differences in the processes of weatherizing multifamily homes and single-family homes,
- Describe the eligibility criteria for multifamily projects,
- Identify different processes for working with subcontractors on larger multifamily buildings,
- and identify common whole-building measures and in-unit measures for multifamily buildings.