(0.5 CEU) It’s a Deferral, What Next? Welcome. In this module, we’ll explore a range of challenges – and solutions – that WAP Administrators face when dealing with applicants who may need to be deferred. We will practice determining when a deferral is necessary and how best to support clients through the process. If you would like information on how to navigate this course, select the Navigation Tutorial button.
To get started, make sure your audio is turned on. This learning experience is primarily audio-driven. To move backward and forward in the module, select the next and back arrows. Want to see something again? Select the refresh button. Need to pause the module? Select the play/pause button. You can also navigate to a different section in this course by selecting the menu tab at the top of the screen.
So, let’s get started. Select the next arrow to continue.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify common conditions that trigger a deferral under WAP rules,
- Describe when the decision to defer can be made by the subgrantee,
- Draft a compliant deferral notification,
- Educate clients who decline cost-justified major measures on how to proceed,
- And, locate external resources to assist a client so that weatherization can be resumed.